The South County Meditation Group meets in Oceano on Sunday mornings from 9:00am ‑ 10:15am for Buddhist meditation and discussion in the Gudrun Hus Studio at Tierra Nueva Cohousing, adjacent to the town of Halcyon (see Maps) (see Brochure).
All levels of meditation experience are welcome, and it is not necessary to be a member of White Heron Sangha to attend. If someone is new to meditation, and new to the group, the facilitator, or one of our group members, may guide the meditation for the first 10 minutes or so. Individualized meditation instruction is available upon request.
We are a peer-led group, in the tradition of kalyanamittata ("admirable friendship", or "spiritual friends").
We do not meet when there is a White Heron Sangha weekend retreat.
Generally, after the first sitting of each month, for those who are so inclined, we have a casual social time with tea and light refreshments.
Books that we have read recently include:
- True Refuge, Finding Peace and Freedom in Your Own Awakened Heart by Tara Brach
- Parami, Ways to Cross Life's Floods by Ajahn Sucitto
- Dhamma Everywhere: Welcoming each moment with Awareness+Wisdom by Sayadaw U Tejaniya
- The Work of This Moment by Toni Packer
- Emptiness: A Practical Guide for Meditators by Guy Armstrong
- The One Who Is Not Busy: Connecting with Work in a Deeply Satisfying Way by Darlene Cohen
Date Opener Facilitator Program (updated 07/18/2018) Jul 22 Steph Sharon Article - The Four Foundations of Mindfulness (PDF) Jul 29 Kathy Aug 4 & 5 n/a n/a WHS Weekend Retreat
The Four Foundations of Mindfulness with Sally Armstrong
In addition to our regular Sunday morning meditation and discussion, we also have other get‑togethers from time to time.